Welcome to Rosemead Preparatory School & Nursery, Dulwich, a co-educational day prep school for children aged 2 ½ to 11.
Our school aims are at the very core of everything we do. They are;
- To encourage confidence from a young age, preparing children for the next stages of their own brilliant futures
- To meet the intellectual, physical and emotional needs of each child and embrace excellence across the curriculum
- To create an inclusive, nurturing community that enables children to be creative, reflective and compassionate
- To inspire a thirst for learning, providing opportunities that extend far beyond our curriculum
- To work in close partnership with our parents and the wider community
Our motto, Inspiring Brilliant Futures, reflects our desire to develop a passion for learning that will enable children to aim high and achieve their goals. The school’s success is evident in our pupils’ enviable record of entry to leading senior schools locally in both the independent and maintained sectors.
Although we set the highest academic standards, we are committed to providing a well-rounded and inclusive education. With bursaries available from Year 3, we work hard to identify and nurture talents in, for example, sport, the arts or leadership and allow all children to thrive. Outstanding pastoral support and the school’s unique status under the auspices of the Thurlow Educational Trust, of which every parent is a member, results in an exceptionally strong school community.
Phil Soutar, Headmaster
Rosemead Preparatory School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website. Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare. We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism. Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Mr Phil Soutar (Headteacher). Our Deputy DSLs are Mrs Lesley Kastoryano (Deputy Headteacher) and Mrs Mary-Elizabeth Everitt (Head of Pre Prep).