Rosemead School Association
The private RSA area can be found here. If you are unsure of the password please contact a member of the RSA committee.
What We Do With Our Funds
We work with the school to fund raise for items requested by the parent community and school staff, and for needs identified in the School Development Plan.
In addition we have funded the match kit for the PE staff and provided some soft furnishings in the library and hall at TPR. We have also supported art INSET (In-Service Training) for staff, and provided funds for outdoor play equipment for the children at both Elmcourt and TPR.
Over the years we have purchased playground equipment and toys, library furniture and equipment, TVs and DVDs, hall curtains, supported clubs, provided sports kit for the children and provided authors for readings and discussions. We also donate around 20% of our income to good causes including. We also donate a proportion of our income to good causes usually selected by the school via the school council.
How To Get Involved: Just One Thing
There is something for everyone — and always room for new ideas. If it raises money or gives us an excuse to get together, we would love to hear about it.
We always need:
- event organisers and helpers (fairs, discos, camping, sponsored walks, wine tasting, quizzes)
- sales assistants (uniform, cakes, books, wrapping papers, fair stalls)
- ‘jacks of all trades’ (cooks, quiz masters, Christmas tree deliverers, Father Christmas’ elves, Easter bunnies)
- paper pushers (committee members, communicators and listeners)
creative types (ideas generators)
Whether you have a couple of hours a month or 30 minutes a year, whether you want to organise or help out, we would love to help you find ‘Just One Thing’.
We also have a Rosemead RSA group on Facebook.
The RSA meets as follows:
- Committee meetings (for class reps, staff and committee members) to make sure we are delivering the yearly plan and updating each other. These take place at Elmcourt on Friday mornings twice a term.
- Coffee mornings (twice per term at Elmcourt)
All parents are welcome to our meetings and coffee mornings.
Role of the Reps
Each class has a representative and we rely heavily on them to pass on information about the RSA activities — and to gather support for big events like the summer and Christmas fairs. An important task for the reps is that of updating the class contact lists. For the current list of class reps just email our Chair at: [email protected]
The RSA has supported the following charities in recent years:
- Joint Educational Trust
- Ronald McDonald House
- Comic Relief
Hope 4 the World
- The Wings of Hope
- Kings College Hospital – Silver Lining Appeal
- Children’s Cancer and Leukemia Group
- Alice Faith Mittelman Trust
- Disasters Emergency Committee
Below you will find all you need to know about how to raise money for Rosemead without lifting a finger. We are not trying to get you to dig further into your pockets, simply asking you to earn commission for Rosemead while you shop. By visiting the virtual stores listed below via the links given, Rosemead receives commission on every purchase made.
Ask your friends and colleagues if they will use the links from Rosemead’s website for their online shopping – It does not cost anything and will not take any extra time.
We hope that Rosemead will benefit more each year as parents and friends of the school become used to ordering in this way. Over the last few years we have received several thousand pounds in cash commissions and new books, as well as sports kit through Sainsburys and Tescos vouchers. If you want to buy any books, toys or games, wrapping paper, cards or labels, just click on the links below to take you to the respective websites.
Turn your online shopping into donations for Rosemead.
Whenever you buy anything online (e.g. Christmas presents, groceries, clothes, books, train tickets, hotel rooms, etc.) you can raise a free donation for Rosemead. There are over 2,700 retailers registered with the site, including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay and Tesco who will donate a percentage of what you spend to Rosemead to say thank you for shopping with them.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up – go to easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rosemeadprep and click on the button to sign up. We suggest you DO NOT install the ‘easyfundraising Donation Reminder’ toolbar.
- Shop – from the easyfundraising website, search for the retailer you’d like to shop with and click through to the retailer to make your purchase. This tells the retailer you came from easyfundraising. The price is exactly the same as if you’d visited the retailer directly.
- Get a donation – after you’ve made your purchase, the retailer will give you a cash reward that easyfundraising turn into a donation for Rosemead.
No cost, no catch!
Please be assured that using the easyfundraising website will not cost you a penny. There are no catches or hidden charges and Rosemead benefit from any donations you make once registered.
Buy any Amazon product. If you use either of the following links, it will bring us a 7.5% commission.
Yellow Moon sell arts and crafts, stocking fillers, games and toys. They offer up to 25% cash back from all orders placed either through the catalogue or online and brings Rosemead around £200 per year. Remember to use the source code SRO1142.
School Link provide books for all ages at incredible prices. Please shop for books online using the code 5242015. Alternatively order through twice termly book bag catalogues. In two years we received over £3000 in value for books for school. In addition books will typically cost you up 80-90% less than shop prices.
We have linked up with Easy2Name, which provides a whole variety of labels and tags to meet all your uniform labelling needs. They will give a 20 percent commission for any order by phone 01635 818501, post or at www.easy2name.com. Just remember to let them know the school details: When finalising and checking out your order, click on the fundraising box and find ROSEMEAD PREP SCHOOL SE21, or give these details over the phone or on the order form.
Phoenix Trading offers high-quality, reasonably-priced cards, wrapping paper and accessories. Add “Rosemead” to any order form or buy direct at the summer and Christmas fairs. Rosemead receives 10% of the sale price and, in addition, Phoenix Trading supports Cancer Research UK, so you will be helping them also.